This clip, from 1895, is the oldest movie clip with sound. It features Edison engineer W. K. L. Dickson playing violin into a phonograph with his two colleagues dancing to demonstrate movement. The sound was recorded on a wax cylinder so the two could be synchronized at some point, but the two were separated from each other before this became possible. While the film eventually became one of the most famous clips in film history, the lost and broken wax cylinder remained boxed deep inside the Edison National Historic Site until the 1960’s. The two halves were rejoined digitally in the 2000’s by Walter Murch.